Wednesday, October 27, 2010

How Will World Series Affect Voter Turnout in San Francisco Bay Area?

Less than a week to go before election day! I guess it's time to start that blog I've been talking about.

Today is the first day of the World Series in San Francisco.  They'll play two games here, then back to Texas.  What will this do to voter turnout?

I'm guessing it will lower it, which should be good for conservatives in statewide races.  However, that might be a little simplistic.  Maybe Bay Area conservatives comprise a bigger share of baseball fandom than they do of the general population.  Also, I'm assuming that East Bay folks are more likely to ignore the World Series, being Oakland A's fans - but I know a lot of East Bay folks who root for the Giants.

No comments:

Post a Comment